You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 4 October 2009

ARTISTIC LABOURS

The only artistic achievement I can lay claim to since my last post was the completion of the commissioned painting of the Whalsay seine-netter "Orion" in a Lerwick harbour being caressed by a fresh southerly breeze. I am pleased with the work, which is shown above for your delectation!

I have heard the news, from the Musa Art Cafe in Aberdeen, that none of my paintings on display there have sold, but the resident piano player has recognised his grandfather's fishing boat in one of my harbour scenes. In the absence of sales, I find this encouraging!

I have continued work on the Fordyce village landscape, which is going to be another manifestation of my recently-acquired interest in small details. Is this a further indication of a compulsive-obsessive nature, or merely a sign of the patience which accompanies approaching old age? Who knows? I don't think I displayed a great deal of patience in my last posting.

I seem to have developed a headache. Where's the paracetamol?

No comments: