You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 16 November 2008

TUESDAY

Scaffolding was erected today around the section of my roof which hosts the chimney. This means that the leak, which has been affecting my flat for the past decade or so, could now be about to get repaired. Whenever there is a westerly gale and heavy rain, the water pours in, but, strangely, only from that direction. Fortunately it is bright today, with a moderate south-easterly.
Work has progressed on the two pictures which are "on the stocks". This was interrupted by a welcome visit from my older sister Thelma, with whom I had our usual cuppa and natter.
Most of the evening was spent on the rather soul-destroying drudgery of sticking labels on postcards, the second consignment of which arrived today. I should have a variety of items ready for sale next Saturday - A4 and A3 giclees, postcards, the odd painting or two (depending on how much room I have at my disposal) and a few items to give away too, such as the leaflets I had printed earlier this year, and a sheaf of "Artwork" magazines which, for some unknown reason on the part of the editors, I have received today.

No comments: