You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 16 November 2008

SATURDAY

On Saturday it was bright, showery, windy and business as usual. The same two paintings, which had occupied my time for most of the week, did so again. Progress has been slow, which is the best kind, I believe. One of my best clients phoned in the afternoon to make an appointment to view my recent work on Monday at 2pm, and someone else phoned regarding the painting of the Norwegian STS "SØRLANDET" which hangs in the Lounge pub upstairs. The chap, who did not introduce himself properly, sounded slightly inebriated, so I doubt very much if anything will come of this transaction. Another caller, female this time, and equally inebriated, asked me if Megan was in. I had the sad duty to inform her that, much to my sorrow, there was no such lady at this address.
I had roasted a chicken for lunch today. The trouble with a chicken is what to do with the large amount which still remains after two days of eating. In the evening I consulted my cookery books, most of the recipes in which seem to be for four or more persons. This set me thinking that there must be loads of cookery books out there which are aimed at single caterers. I found three of these on Amazon and duly bought them for just £15-odd, thereby qualifying for free postage. I look forward to using and browsing through these.
The Dave channel was running another evening of Red Dwarf programmes, which meant a hilarious end to my day. I take my hat off to Messrs Grant and Naylor for a brilliant concept, and realisation thereof. Falling-about-laughable comedy at its best.

No comments: