Sunday, 8 January 2012
STEAM DRIFTER "STEPHENS" FROM INVERALLOCHY
At 87 feet in length, the steel-built vessel was built in 1911 by A Hall & Co., Aberdeen, as the Inverness-registered "Vale o' Moray". A long and varied career followed, which saw her requisitioned for Admiralty service in two world wars, as well as having at least six different owners and three changes of name in "civilian" life, finally being scrapped in Norway in 1955. The painting shows her in mid-career, when she was registered in Inverallochy.