You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 17 January 2010

A SHETLAND SPECIAL

Today dawned clear, with a moderate breeze having replaced the storm force winds and rain of yesterday. The Shetland "special" had consigned the last remnants of the snow and ice, which had been plaguing these islands for the last month, to history, and the rays of watery sun were attempting to penetrate my windows, salt-caked from the gale-blown seaspray of the last two days.

This last week, I took two trips out to visit my mother at Whiteness, and my first trip to the pub in four weeks. There were few other imbibers to provide me with company at the watering hole on Wednesday, most of the other male Lerwegians currently spending most of their free time preparing for the big night a week on Tuesday, when Lerwick's Up-Helly-A' celebration takes place. Although I've never taken an active part in this festivity, I have a friend coming up from the UK mainland to see it, so I can't see that week going past without a few noggins being quaffed.

Work has continued on the Fraserburgh fishing boat commission, but I have made little progress on other artworks. Either the light was too bad for detailed work, or other matters had to be attended to instead (excuses, excuses, I hear you say!). The incoming week looks equally cluttered, with Tuesday taken up with a "session" with my web designer, in which I hope to glean a great deal of knowledge about the operation of the new website system, and how to improve the site (www.tait-gallery.co.uk) further in terms of search engine optimisation. I have a flu jag appointment on Wednesday afternoon, another stumbling-block to forward momentum on the "easel". With useful light at a maximum of six hours daily, work-time is at a premium this time of year. Roll on summer!

Have a nice week!

1 comment:

Furniture Repairs Baton Rouge said...

Thank you for taking the time to write this