You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 1 November 2009

PAINTERLY PROGRESS

As I intimated in last week's post, I finished the painting of Boyndie Bay (on the south side of the Moray Firth) on Wednesday. Unfortunately the weather conditions have precluded getting it photographed to put in the gallery above, as I like to do with newly-completed works - and I'm particularly pleased with this one. It's been dull and fairly windy (the weather, that is!), the only brief bright spell happening on Friday, when I was out at my mother's. I'll put the picture up as soon as the situation allows.

I entered two online painting competitions this week. I put the Fordyce landscape into one, and the canvas of Johnshaven harbour into the other. The competitons are being run by WetCanvas.com and the Artist's Magazine, but I'm blessed if I can remember which work I put into what contest. I haven't a hope of winning anything, but most of the hundreds of other entrants will be in the same position.

I'm still working on my recycled painting of the MV "St. Ninian" which ran between Lerwick and Leith from around 1950 to the early 1970s, when it was sold to Canadian owners. I don't know what happened to her after that - someone might enlighten me through this blog - who knows? I have yet to decide where to go genre-wise when I complete this work. I have a box of new canvases, still in their cellophane wrappers, awaiting my attentions. I expect I'll think of something - any ideas?

No comments: