You know what makes me grumpy? All the Grumpy Old Men who appeared on the BBC TV series were younger than me, that's what makes me grumpy. Mutter, mutter....

The Grumpy Old Artist

The Grumpy Old Artist
Would YOU pose for this man???

Exhibition Poster

Exhibition Poster
Catterline Event, 2011

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Helford River, Cornwall

Oil Painting by Jim Tait

Oil Painting by Jim Tait
Full-riggers "Georg Stage" and "Danmark"

Other Recent Works

Other Recent Works
Fordyce Castle and Village

Hay's Dock, Lerwick

Shetland-model Boats at Burravoe, Yell

Tall Ships Seascape

The Tour Boat "Dunter III", with Gannets, off Noss

The "Karen Ann II" entering Fraserburgh harbour

Summer Evening, Boyndie Bay

1930s Lerwick Harbour

Johnshaven Harbour

"Seabourn Legend"

Greeting Cards!

Greeting Cards!
Now Available in Packs of Five or in Assorted Sets of Four

Sunday 24 May 2009

ADMIN, ARTISANS AND CORPORATE IMAGE

The squad of plumbers plumbed all day on Friday. For most of the day I was out, having promised to accompany my mother to the hospital for an audiology appointment, and to do my usual bits and pieces at her Whiteness home. I returned to base at about seven in the evening, to find my water flowing fully again. I became, in an instant, extremely grateful for the services of the council artisan, without which we must surely all perish - or at least smell bad.

Now that the paint is dry on the artwork for the forthcoming Duff House exhibition, I've been getting in my usual tizz over the travel details and other admin associated with the event. My framer has chosen this weekend to biff off on a trip to Poland, supposedly to return this incoming week. I sure hope he does - he has an awful lot of work to do. I've ben passing some hours this week resurrecting my large landscape of St. Cyrus, which was sadly lacking in light and depth. It's improved, but it needs a bit more done on the field in the foreground. I should finish it tomorrow.

And then there are the considerations of what to take with me, in the two small cases and shoulder bag I've decided will hold my stuff. How many Tait Gallery leaflets, what documents and maps? I'll be navigating on our way there, so we'll probably end up in Ullapool or somewhere equally exotic and far away from our intended destination. I need some decent footwear for my size 11 plates, which have spread from my former standard-fit 9. I've got my shirts, socks and underwear organised, and I've ordered a pair each of jeans and cargo breeks, and a light waterproof jacket (just in case!). Should I have a haircut before I go? Probably. And I've got to remember that Northlink Ferries ticket, without which I needn't bother to leave the house. How much cash will I need to take with me? Should I make an arrangement with a branch of my bank in Banff? How is this whole thing going to go? Will I sell a few paintings or will the past 9 months have been all for nothing?

I've ordered some T-shirts to give my sister and myself a corporate image for our trip. There are 12 of them, which might seem a bit over the top for our personal use, but I intend to sell 8 of them. Anyone fancy a Tait Gallery T-shirt? The colour is grey, and there are L and XL available, or there will be in about a week's time. They are £12 including postage, and it will be a case of first come, first served. Drop me an email at jim@tait-gallery.co.uk if you're interested.

No comments: